Dive for the Pylons and Dance in the End Zones!
Volo hosts Baltimore flag football leagues in Federal Hill, Canton, and the surrounding areas. Our Baltimore football leagues allow for everyone to get involved and to meet new people!
Here at Volo we strive to make our leagues a social atmosphere for everyone. What better way to do that than to play in a Baltimore football league?
COVID Safety Standards
- Health Declaration via the Volo App before each activity.
- Temperature checks to ensure body temperature does not exceed 100.4
- Hand Sanitizing Stations will be provided at each league.
- Equipment Sanitization during and in between league play to mitigate the spread of germs.
- Face Masks are required to be worn by staff and players at all times. Click here for in-game Mask Enforcement details.
- Notifications of illness within 14 days of play will be reported to Volo customer service and Volo will notify potentially exposed persons.
- Social Distancing via clear markers to keep players 6 feet apart.
- Limited Activity Capacity in adherence to local guidelines.
- Modified Rules when necessary to limit contact and maintain social distancing.
Upcoming Football in Baltimore
Football Leagues in Baltimore
We pride ourselves in making sure that we provide everything you need to play safely, relax, and have a blast. All you need to do is show up and find your team – we’ve got everything else covered! Click here for more details on our COVID Safety Standards.
How to Sign Up
- *Minimum players for a full flag football team depends on type of league.
- 8v8 Coed – 14 Player Min for Team
- 8v8 Mens – 12 Player Min for Team
- If you do not meet this minimum your team will be merged with free agents.
- A Captain must create a team and all the team members must “join” the team. The Captain can pay for everyone or you can split up the fee among team members.
- Yes! You can sign up together even if you do not have a full team!
- Have Captain “create team” & Note Estimated Players
- Teammates Join “team” (Before signup deadline)
- Once Registration is closed we will merge you with other small groups and free-agents
- Signing up as a solo player is the best way to meet people in Baltimore!
- We will place you with a small group and/or other free agents to form a full team after the registration closes.
- If you have a friend that decides to sign up just have them note to be put on the same team as you!
- Email email@example.com with sport & location preference, team size & the company you work for/are signing up
- Save Money! Pay for entire team with a corporate rate.
- Click here to learn more about Corporate and Alumni Teams
How competitive are Volo Football Leagues?
We’re all about being social here at Volo! We offer divisions when we are able to make sure everyone is playing at the level they prefer, like A Division and B Division – A Division is slightly more competitive while B Division is more about having a good time with a great workout mixed in. We do offer some competitive football leagues, which are specifically labeled as such. Check each league for specific information or shoot us an email if you have questions!
How many people do I need for a full football team?
Depends on what style you’re playing ! Our coed football teams are required to have a minimum of 14 players, while men’s football teams are required to have at least 12 players. If you and your crew don’t have a full roster, we’ll merge you with another small group. FYI – merged teams generally have extra players to protect against forfeits. If you’d like to make sure you have a larger or smaller team, you can register as a prepaid team which allows you to determine the number of players on your team.
How much does it cost to join a Volo Football league?
You can expect your league to be anywhere from $55-$89 per player for the entire season. Registration fees are dependent on location, venue, and day of the week – so be sure to check the league details carefully. After you sign up, everything else is taken care of for you. Your registration includes league shirt, referees, venue costs, insurance, field equipment, prizes, league management and so much more!
Don’t forget, when you sign up with Volo football, your league registration helps provide free youth sports programs in Baltimore through the Volo Kids Foundation. #playitforward
Volo Football Rules
Rule Number One: Don’t be a D- BAG
The first and foremost rule of the game is to have fun! Volo is all about playing a social game, having fun, and meeting new people. Absolutely no whining will be tolerated during the course of a game. The only players allowed to communicate with the referees are the captain and co-captain. Any abuse (verbal or otherwise) of the referees or other players will constitute an immediate ejection from the game. Repeated offenders will be banned from the league. No exceptions.
Mask Enforcement Penalties:
- 1st Offense – Unsportsmanlike Conduct
- 2nd Offense – Unsportsmanlike Conduct; ejection from game. Offending team plays down a player
- Coed 8 vs 8 leagues are played with a minimum of 3 females on the field at all times.
- You must have a minimum of 5 players to play each week (1 female minimum for coed)
- All flags and other equipment are provided on the fields.
- All referee fees are included in your registration price, no need to bring money to the field.
- Baltimore football league seasons are 5 weeks + playoffs (all teams make playoffs unless they forfeit 2x)
Baltimore Football League Skill Level
- A Division – More competitive, still social
- B Division – Less competitive, more social
- Click here to view full rules
Players registered with Volo City Baltimore enjoy player perks such as:
- Team T-Shirts
- Special Sponsor Opportunities (see what can happen in our leagues!)
- Invitation to all Volo Events