Volo is the largest sport and social company in America with over 200,000 players in eight cities nationwide. We offer a variety of leagues for all skill levels including kickball, soccer, flag football, volleyball, softball, bocce ball, skeeball and more! We also provide corporate and private events.
Our mission is to create sustainable free youth leagues through adult social sports. The Volo Kids Foundation provides free organized sports for the kids of Baltimore, Boston, Denver, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC. Our programs remove barriers to athletic participation while bringing different communities together. We play so kids can play for free!
Role: Video Production Internship
Job Type: Internship
The Video Production Intern will report to and collaborate with the Sales & New Business Manager to manage and grow both the adult and youth programs in your city.
The Video Production Intern is held to the highest standards in terms of professionalism and decorum and is always expected to act accordingly.
The ideal candidate works well in a team environment, isn’t afraid to ask for help and is willing to tackle any job that comes their way. Volo is looking for someone who is:
- Entrepreneurial: ability to recognize and seize opportunities, and requires low supervision/direction
- Driven: self-directed leader who takes initiative and a solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving; demonstrates a willingness to learn and improve
- Strategic + Goal Oriented: proven ability to manage and successfully execute multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- Relationship Focused: Comfortable with all types of clients and decision-makers; able to put the customer first in order to best solve their problems
- This role is for you if you are passionate about organized sports and events. Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Acquire film clips of our various sports leagues and events
- Edit and produce unique videos for all aspects of Volo.
- Assist the Sales & New Business with brainstorming concepts and storyboards for creative, unique and fun marketing videos.
- Assist in creating content for the website and social media platforms
- Organize and catalog digital assets
- Self-starter, well-spoken, outgoing
- A passion for bringing people together
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Creative and ambitious
- Experience filming required
- Experience editing video and photography required
- Knowledge of different camera styles (DSLR, GoPro, etc)
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro or iMovie or Adobe Premier
- Ability to function physically in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to work nights
- Own equipment preferred
- Immediate start date
- The ability to work nights and weekends is required. General hours will fall between 12 pm and 10 pm.
- School Credit with the opportunity to work leagues and events for pay
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.