Volo is the largest sport and social company in America with over 200,000 players in eight cities nationwide. We offer a variety of leagues for all skill levels including kickball, soccer, flag football, volleyball, softball, bocce ball, skeeball and more! We also provide corporate and private events.
Our mission is to create sustainable free youth leagues through adult social sports. The Volo City Kids Foundation provides free organized sports for the kids of Baltimore, Boston, Denver, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC. Our programs remove barriers to athletic participation such as gender, skill, and financial resources while bringing different communities together. We play so kids can play for free!
Role: Sponsor Activation & Events Internship
Job Type: Seasonal
Job Description: Volo is looking for outgoing individuals to join our national team as a local Sponsor Activation & Events intern! At Volo, we’re constantly looking for new ways to get people excited about having more fun in our markets. In this position, you will play a vital role in local sponsor activations, activation tracking, event planning, event execution, and more. You will also have the creative freedom to develop various types of content creation aligned with local sponsors.
- Help execute local sponsored campaigns via on-field activations, Facebook, Instagram, your city’s blog, Twitter, and more!
- Develop content for social media and blog with a heavy emphasis on sponsored content
- Execute digital sponsorship activations
- Website maintenance with regards to events and sponsored content pages
- Support event operations and day-of responsibilities
- Developing Run of Show
- Transportation and inventory of event equipment
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with social media, email marketing and content development
- Self-starter, well-spoken, outgoing
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Creative, ambitious and desire to learn!
- A passion for sports and community is a plus
- Graphic design experience is a plus
- Start date: Immediate
- Internship for college credit, with paid opportunities through league hosting
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Sponsor Activation & Events Internship” in the subject line.
Volo City is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo City does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo City also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.