Location: Baltimore, MD and/ or Washington D.C.
Compensation: This is a paid internship, $150/ week stipend- with an opportunity to earn more.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the leadership team to identify and onboard programmatic partners for our free sports programs for youth
- Assist in the recruitment effort and help spread the word about our programs
- Research and development to enhance youth programming and volunteer engagement curriculum.
- Participate in direct service opportunities and assist in directly coaching or providing admin assistance to youth sports leagues
- Working with the leadership team to develop and initiate the end of the year fundraising events
- Assisting with planning and implementation of fundraising events
- Work with Events coordinator to organize logistics and flow of events
- Staff special events
- Other duties may include assisting with capital campaigns and general public relations
- Communication tools – emails, newsletters, community presentations
- Assisting with community outreach, including building relationships with professionals, updating the client information and referral database, and presentations within the community
Qualifications + Skills Needed:
- Technical Skills – Word, Excel, etc
- Good organization skills
- Commitment to Non-Profits and purpose of the organization
- Ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication
- Positive attitude
- Dependable and punctual team player
- Ability to work with the public in a professional manner
Opportunities to Learn:
- Learning successful grant-writing techniques and gaining development cooperation.
- Learning about how a non-profit secures funding
- Provide an inside look at the day to day operations of a non-profit as well as the strategic decision making inherent in the responsibilities of a Development Director.
- Making connections with business leaders in the community
- Increasing communication skills- written and oral.
If you are interested in applying please e-mail a copy of your résumé and cover letter to Nayla Bautista at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our mission is to provide free sports leagues and free meals to kids all across America.
The Volo City Kids Foundation is the 501 (c)3 arm of Volo City the largest social sports company across the country. The nearly 175,000 members that drive our profitable adult leagues in 8 cities nationwide, also give back by providing free leagues and free meals to kids in their local communities.
|Job Category||Business Development, Coach, Events, Fundraising, Partnership|