Volo City Kids Sports connects communities through free access to youth sports. Our program removes barriers to athletic participation such as skill and financial resources. We emphasize team play through our league play and community building by including volunteers from the surrounding communities and by providing post-game snacks and social events for players, parents and volunteers.
Role: Program Coordinator Fellowship
Location: Baltimore, MD and/or Washington D.C.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the leadership team to identify and onboard programmatic partners for our free sports programs for youth
- Assist in the recruitment effort and help spread the word about our programs
- Research and development to enhance youth programming and volunteer engagement curriculum.
- Participate in direct service opportunities and assist in directly coaching or providing admin assistance to youth sports leagues
- Working with the leadership team to develop and initiate the end of the year fundraising events
- Assisting with planning and implementation of fundraising events
- Work with Events coordinator to organize logistics and flow of events
- Staff special events
- Other duties may include assisting with capital campaigns and general public relations
- Communication tools – emails, newsletters, community presentations
- Assisting with community outreach, including building relationships with professionals, updating the client information and referral database, and presentations within the community
Qualifications + Skills Needed:
- Technical Skills – Word, Excel, etc
- Good organizational skills
- Commitment to Non-Profits and purpose of the organization
- Ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication
- Positive attitude
- Dependable and punctual team player
- Ability to work with the public in a professional manner
Opportunities to Learn:
- Learning successful grant-writing techniques and gaining development cooperation.
- Learning about how a non-profit secures funding
- Provide an inside look at the day to day operations of a non-profit as well as the strategic decision making inherent in the responsibilities of a Development Director.
- Making connections with business leaders in the community
- Increasing communication skills- written and oral.
- Start Date: March 2019
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Program Coordinator Fellowship” in the subject line.
Volo City is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo City does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo City also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
|Job Category||Business Development, Coach, Events, Fundraising, Marketing, Partnership|