Volo City Kids Sports connects communities through free access to youth sports. Our program removes barriers to athletic participation such as skill and financial resources. We emphasize team play through our league play and community building by including volunteers from the surrounding communities and by providing post-game snacks and social events for players, parents and volunteers.
Our mission is to create sustainable free youth leagues through adult social sports. The Volo City Kids Foundation provides free organized sports for the kids of Baltimore, Boston, Denver, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC. Our programs remove barriers to athletic participation such as gender, skill, and financial resources while bringing different communities together. We play so kids can play for free!
Role: Program Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
The Kids Program Coordinator will report to the City Chief & collaborate with the Foundation Executive Director to manage and grow their city’s chapter of the Volo City Kids Foundation.
The Program Coordinator is held to the highest standards in terms of professionalism and decorum and is always expected to act accordingly.
The ideal candidate works well in a team environment, isn’t afraid to ask for help and is willing to tackle any job that comes their way. Volo City is looking for someone who is:
- Entrepreneurial: ability to recognize and seize opportunities, and requires low supervision/direction
- Driven: self-directed leader who takes initiative and a solutions-oriented approach to problem solving; demonstrates a willingness to learn and improve
- Strategic + Goal Oriented: proven ability to manage and successfully execute multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- Relationship Focused: Comfortable with all types of clients and decision makers; able to put the customer first in order to best solve their problems
This role is for you if you are passionate about organized sports and events. Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Oversee & Grow Seasonal League Activities & Programs
- Define the strategic direction of city youth programming
- Run and grow local programs
- Assure quality control and strength of programs through site visits and serve as a site lead for programs
- Responsible for for local parent, partner, and volunteer survey process
- First point of contact for all parent, partner, and volunteer program queries
- Use foundation curriculum and program training materials for coaches and adjust as needed to preserve the quality of training & programming
- Interact with parents of programs and enhance retention rates
- Collect program metrics and analysis throughout the season and develop tools for evaluation
- Lead recruitment effort for coaches, volunteers, fellows, and interns
- Recruit, hire, and train excellent part-time talent to run our leagues and events; ensure a fulfilling experience for all families
- Assist in the development and presentation of staff and volunteer trainings
- Assure attendance for all coaches, volunteers & players is up to date weekly
- Fundraising & Development
- Collect data & provide analysis to support future funding opportunities
- Lead local Junior Board & ensure quarterly fundraising goals are met
- Lead local fundraising events & Campaigns to ensure city Foundation fundraising goals are met
- Execute fundraising activities with the support of local hosts
- Expand Impact through Community Outreach, Partnerships & Events
- Increase brand awareness for the Volo City Kids Foundation through community events such as but not limited to (tabling at community events, schools, festivals, etc.)
- Strategically Track effectiveness of these events by measuring growth in recruitment numbers for volunteers and kids at our leagues.
- Continue to look for monthly events for Volo City Kids Foundation to be represented at and properly staff the events with our community outreach volunteers
- Create a system where community outreach volunteers can be empowered to plan and execute community outreach events
- Outreach event lead & attendance as needed
- Facilitate partnerships with community organizations and neighborhoods to grow youth registration numbers
- Volunteer Recruitment, Engagement, Training & Management
- Lead initiatives for volunteer engagement and support, including pre-season trainings, mid-season check-ins and end of season celebrations
- Strengthen relationships by maintaining consistent contact and remaining accessible all volunteers
- Direct Volunteer Professional Development and Training
- Staff volunteers at Volo City Kids Foundation events. Send recruitment email, answer questions and confirm attendance prior to event
- Assign Lead Volunteer to each league as point person for weekly feedback
- Volunteer Engagement: Plan a mid-season check-in with volunteers in each league.
- Seek input on progress of the season and share ideas about program developments.
- Volunteer feedback review & analysis
- Develop and maintain volunteer metrics reporting and analysis
- Grow the volunteer community through special perks and events
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS degree; minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience, ideally in a sport or event management and/or business development capacity
- Ability to work nights and weekends (most hours will be in the office and fall into the general M-F work week 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, but additional hours are required)
- Can marshal resources effectively and comfortably navigate a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented project manager – you have experience managing multiple projects across function areas and feel comfortable wearing many hats
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dynamic personality interested in working in, and contributing to, a fun and active office environment
- Immediate start date
Health Care and 401k benefitsVolo City is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo City does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo City also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.