Volo City is the largest sport and social company in America with over 200,000 players in eight cities nationwide. We offer a variety of leagues for all skill levels including kickball, soccer, flag football, volleyball, softball, bocce ball, skeeball and more! We also provide corporate and private events.
Our mission is to create sustainable free youth leagues through adult social sports. The Volo City Kids Foundation provides free organized sports for the kids of Baltimore, Boston, Denver, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC. Our programs remove barriers to athletic participation such as gender, skill, and financial resources while bringing different communities together. We play so kids can play for free!
Role: Player Experience Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Location: San Francisco, CA
The ideal candidate works well in a team environment, isn’t afraid to ask for help and is willing to tackle any job that comes their way. Volo City is looking for someone who is:
- Entrepreneurial: ability to recognize and seize opportunities, and requires low supervision/direction
- Driven: self-directed leader who takes initiative and a solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving; demonstrates a willingness to learn and improve
- Relationship Focused: Comfortable with all types of clients and decision-makers; able to put the customer first in order to best solve their problems
This role is for you if you are passionate about organized sports and interested in playing in recreational leagues and events. The nature of this position is sport-specific and as such schedules are flexible and subject to change based on the season. Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- League Operations:
- League scheduling – we have several field and bar locations with multiple leagues and divisions
- Manage and maintain all ref and part-time host schedules and communication
- Day of league communications – schedule changes, staff updates, and bar notifications
- Communicate weather cancellations
- Lead Board Meetings to ensure that the office team is ready for all leagues
- Communicate with part-time staff about all t-shirt pick up and drop-offs
- Talent Development:
- Assisting with sport & venue-specific training to ensure consistent league experiences – from welcome speeches to referee calls to equipment quality.
- Recruiting, mentoring, and ensuring quality staff and product – includes reviewing sport-specific league audits
- Customer Service:
- Resolve any problems that players might face with accuracy and efficiency
- Anticipate and provide pro-active solutions to prevent problems from arising in the future
- Player survey administration & analysis
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS degree; 1-2 years of experience ideally refereeing or coaching sports
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Seasonal schedule may be Sun-Thurs (Summer), Tues-Sat (Fall)
- Can marshal resources effectively and comfortably navigate a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dynamic personality interested in working in, and contributing to, a fun and active sporting environment
- Immediate start date
- Health Care and 401k benefits
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “ Player Experience Manager ” in the subject line.
Volo City is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo City does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo City also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.