Volo is the largest adult social sports network in the United States, entertaining over 240,000 players in 8 cities nationwide. We provide year-round sports, fitness, tournaments and social activities to adults 21+. When adults register through Volo, they Play it Forward…helping to create free youth leagues in their communities via the Volo Kids Foundation. With the help of our adult leagues and local community partners, the Volo Kids Foundation has enabled over 9,000 children across the country to play at zero cost to them or their families.
Choose wisely. Choose Volo.
Role: Operations Director
Job Type: Full Time
Schedule: Ability to work nights and weekends (most hours will be in the office and fall into the general M-F work week 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, but additional hours are required)
Location: San Francisco, CA
The Operations Director will report to and collaborate with the Managing Director to manage and grow both the adult and youth programs in your city.
The Operations Director is held to the highest standards in terms of professionalism and decorum and is always expected to act accordingly.
The ideal candidate works well in a team environment, isn’t afraid to ask for help and is willing to tackle any job that comes their way. Volo is looking for someone who is:
- Entrepreneurial: ability to recognize and seize opportunities, and requires low supervision/direction
- Driven: self-directed leader who takes initiative and a solutions-oriented approach to problem solving; demonstrates a willingness to learn and improve
- Strategic + Goal Oriented: proven ability to manage and successfully execute multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- Relationship Focused: Comfortable with all types of clients and decision-makers; able to put the customer first in order to best solve their problems
This role is for you if you are passionate about organized sports and events.
Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
Manage & Grow Seasonal Adult League Activities & Youth Programs
- Design and manage leagues and events to meet local demand; creating teams and schedules
- Coordinate execution of all key programmatic operations including but not limited to website & database maintenance, equipment storage, t-shirt distribution, daily league logistics & permit management
- Collect program metrics and analysis throughout the season and develop tools for evaluation
- League Planning & Upkeep
- Oversee Shirts – Inventory / Orders
- Track & report on league sales progress
- League Schedules
- Accountable for successful seasonal merge
- Oversee weekly parent & volunteer program reminders
- Resolve any emerging problems that our customers might face with accuracy and efficiency
- Anticipate and provide proactive solutions to prevent problems from arising in the future
Facility Permit Management
- Track the needs of each site including improvements
- Obtain permits for current and new locations
- Manage accounts payable & accounts receivable
- Oversee local host & staff payroll
- Provide forecasts to help manage cash flow
- Manage local budget
Expand Impact through Marketing, Community Outreach, Partnerships & Events
- In constant contact with the development team to provide data, metrics & content for development activities and fundraising campaigns.
- Monitor city program budgets
Expand Impact through Community Outreach, Partnerships & Events
- Contribute to the development of local marketing content; execute sales strategy with the support from the marketing team + city lead
- Increase brand awareness for Volo through support of community events such as but not limited to tabling at community events, schools, festivals, etc.
- Ensure that we are staffed and on brand
- Strategically Track the effectiveness of these events by measuring growth in recruitment numbers for players, volunteers, and kids at our leagues.
- Sponsorship Execution Management
- Event Plans & Run of Shows
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS degree; minimum of 4-8 years of professional experience, ideally in a sport or event management and/or business development capacity
- Can marshal resources effectively and comfortably navigate a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented project manager – you have experience managing multiple projects across function areas and feel comfortable wearing many hats
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dynamic personality interested in working in, and contributing to, a fun and active office environment
- Immediate start date
- Health Care and 401k benefits
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
|Job Category||City Director|