Volo City Kids Sports connects communities through free access to youth sports. Our program removes barriers to athletic participation such as skill and financial resources. We emphasize team play through our league play and community building by including volunteers from the surrounding communities and by providing post-game snacks and social events for players, parents, and volunteers.
Our mission is to create sustainable free youth leagues through adult social sports. The Volo City Kids Foundation provides free organized sports for the kids of Baltimore, Boston, Denver, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC. Our programs remove barriers to athletic participation such as gender, skill, and financial resources while bringing different communities together. We play so kids can play for free!
Role: National Program Manager
Location: Washington, DC
The National Youth Program Manager will report to the Foundation President, serves as a key member of the leadership team, and collaborates closely with each of our city program managers to grow our youth programs.
This is a new role that will provide leadership, inspiration, and support to hardworking staff, and one that will ensure that Volo Kids is positioned to respond to new and evolving opportunities to serve children, families and communities across the country. .
The Program Manager is held to the highest standards in terms of professionalism and decorum and is always expected to act accordingly.
The ideal candidate works well in a team environment, isn’t afraid to ask for help and is willing to tackle any job that comes their way. Volo City is looking for someone who is:
- Entrepreneurial: ability to recognize and seize opportunities, and requires low supervision/direction
- Driven: self-directed leader who takes initiative and a solutions-oriented approach to problem solving; demonstrates a willingness to learn and improve
- Strategic + Goal Oriented: proven ability to manage and successfully execute multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- Relationship Focused: Comfortable with all types of clients and decision-makers; able to put the customer first in order to best solve their problems
This role is for you if you are passionate about youth sports and community impact. The incoming leader will prioritize strategic program development and innovation, business/partnership development, data-driven decision-making, team-building, talent development, and budgeting.
Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
Oversee & Grow National League Activities & Programs – Develop a vision and strategy for program growth and evolution,
- Define national goals and the strategic direction of city youth programming
- Assure quality control and evaluate programs through local site visits
- Provide program support for local program leads.
- Develop and maintain volunteer metrics reporting and analysis
- Data Collection and Distribution – Report on city program growth and other KPIS
- Weekly check-in with city program managers and coordinators
- Evaluate expansion opportunities
- Escalation point for local program questions & issues
- Secure & Manage national program partnerships
- Develop foundation curriculum and program training materials for coaches and adjust as needed to preserve the quality of training & programming
- Collect program metrics and analysis throughout the season and develop tools for evaluation
- Lead national recruitment effort for coaches, volunteers, fellows, and interns
- Recruit, hire, and train excellent part-time talent to run our leagues and events; ensure a fulfilling experience for all families
- Develop and assist in the execution of volunteer training
- Ensure local program managers are updating attendance for all coaches, volunteers
Fundraising & Development
- In constant contact with the development team to provide data, metrics & content for development activities and fundraising campaigns.
- Monitor city program budgets
Expand Impact through Community Outreach, Partnerships & Events
- Increase brand awareness for the Volo City Kids Foundation through community events such as but not limited to tabling at community events, schools, festivals, etc.
- Strategically Track the effectiveness of these events by measuring growth in recruitment numbers for volunteers and kids at our leagues.
- Seek out monthly events for Volo City Kids Foundation to be represented at and properly staff the events with our community outreach volunteers
- Create a system where community outreach volunteers can be empowered to plan and execute community outreach events
- Outreach event lead & attendance as needed
- Facilitate partnerships with community organizations and neighborhoods to grow youth registration numbers
Volunteer Recruitment, Engagement, Training & Management
- Lead initiatives for volunteer engagement and support, including pre-season training, mid-season check-ins, and end of season celebrations
- Strengthen relationships by maintaining consistent contact and remaining accessible all volunteers
- Direct Volunteer Professional Development and Training
- Staff volunteers at Volo City Kids Foundation events. Send recruitment email, answer questions and confirm attendance prior to the event
- Volunteer Engagement: Plan a mid-season check-in with volunteers in each league. Seek input on the progress of the season and share ideas about program developments.
- Volunteer feedback review & analysis
- Develop and maintain volunteer metrics reporting and analysis
- Grow the volunteer community through special perks and events
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated success in leading program strategy with the ability to identify and respond to opportunities with tailoring, designing and managing innovative, high-quality programs.
- BA or BS degree; minimum of 4-8 years of professional experience, ideally in a sport or event management and/or business development capacity
- Ability to work nights and weekends (most hours will be in the office and fall into the general M-F work week 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, but additional hours are required)
- Can marshal resources effectively and comfortably navigate a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented project manager – you have experience managing multiple projects across function areas and feel comfortable wearing many hats
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dynamic personality interested in working in, and contributing to, a fun and active office environment
- Immediate start date
- Health Care and 401k benefits
Volo City is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo City does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo City also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.