Volo City is the largest sport and social company in America with over 200,000 players in eight cities nationwide. We offer a variety of leagues for all skill levels including kickball, soccer, flag football, volleyball, softball, bocce ball, skeeball and more! We also provide corporate and private events.
Our mission is to create sustainable free youth leagues through adult social sports. The Volo City Kids Foundation provides free organized sports for the kids of Baltimore, Boston, Denver, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC. Our programs remove barriers to athletic participation such as gender, skill, and financial resources while bringing different communities together. We play so kids can play for free!
Job Description: Volo City is looking for a creative and talented content creator to write and produce various types of content and blog regularly, to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. This role will support Volo City’s national team with outbound and inbound marketing strategies including but not limited to content and email creation, support and optimization of marketing strategies.
- This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic the Volo City websites, engagement on social media, leads, that deliver league registrations and player retention.
- Manage various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends.
- Collaborates across cities and departments to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to help grow our community of players and volunteers
- This role requires a brand publisher mindset: create the content our audience is looking for and then to optimize the path to conversion
- Basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. Development of content consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- Editorial calendar and organization workflows must be developed and managed.
- Channel management of digital content hubs and all supporting social channels including email / newsletter distribution. This person must understand the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why
- Measurement and optimization of the program will be required on a regular and ongoing basis
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS and minimum of 1 year working experience in sports or marketing
- Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
- Experience with wordpress, Mailchimp, Google analytics, and the top social channels
- Basic graphic design and photo editing skills
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Immediate start date
- Health Care and 401k benefits
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “National Marketing Manager – Boston” in the subject line.
Volo City is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo City does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo City also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.