Volo City is the largest sport and social company in America with over 200,000 players in eight cities nationwide. We offer a variety of leagues for all skill levels including kickball, soccer, flag football, volleyball, softball, bocce ball, skeeball and more! We also provide corporate and private events.
Our mission is to create sustainable free youth leagues through adult social sports. The Volo City Kids Foundation provides free organized sports for the kids of Baltimore, Boston, Denver, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC. Our programs remove barriers to athletic participation such as gender, skill, and financial resources while bringing different communities together. We play so kids can play for free!
Role: Marketing & Social Media Internship
Job Type: Seasonal
Job Description: Volo City is looking for outgoing individuals to join our marketing team as a local Marketing & Social Media intern! At Volo City, we’re constantly looking for new ways to get people excited about having more fun in our markets. In this position, you will play a vital role in social media development, marketing strategy, email marketing techniques and more. You will also have the creative freedom to develop various types of content creation, social media execution, and brand development.
- Help execute social media marketing campaigns and strategies through Facebook, Instagram, your city’s blog, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest and more!
- Develop content for social media and blog with a heavy emphasis on content marketing.
- Assist with email marketing design, strategies, and execution.
- Execute digital sponsorship activations
- Design and implement on-field marketing plans for Volo City sports leagues
- Strategize, develop and coordinate local grassroots marketing opportunities
- Collaborate with the local market to curate new and innovative marketing initiatives
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with social media, email marketing, and content development
- Self-starter, well-spoken, outgoing
- Detail-oriented, ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Creative, ambitious and desire to learn!
- A passion for sports and community is a plus
- Graphic design experience is a plus
- Start date: September 2019
Volo City is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo City does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo City also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.