Are you tired of the same old work environment of a traditional 9 to 5? Do you have a passion for putting together events and creating exciting experiences for people? Then we may have the opportunity for you! The team at NYC Social is looking for a driven individual who is ready to have an immediate impact on our leagues across the city. We are subsidiary of Volo City, the largest sport and social company in America with over 200,000 players in eight cities nationwide! We offer a variety of leagues for all skill levels including kickball, soccer, flag football, volleyball, softball, bocce ball, skeeball and more! We also provide corporate and private events.
Our mission is to create sustainable free youth leagues through adult social sports. The Volo City Kids Foundation provides free organized sports for the kids of Baltimore, Boston, Denver, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC. Our programs remove barriers to athletic participation such as gender, skill, and financial resources while bringing different communities together. We play so kids can play for free!
Role: League Operations Associate
Job Type: Part-Time (with opportunities for full-time expansion)
Location: New York, NY
The ops team is the backbone of our leagues. We work hard every day to make sure that each league has exactly what it needs to run at an optimal level. We are versatile, we are driven and we are not above any task to help our leagues. The ideal candidate works well in a team environment, isn’t afraid to ask for help and is willing to tackle any job that comes their way. Volo City is looking for someone who is:
- Entrepreneurial: ability to recognize and seize opportunities, and requires low supervision/direction
- Driven: self-directed leader who takes initiative and a solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving; demonstrates a willingness to learn and improve
- Strategic + Goal Oriented: proven ability to manage and successfully execute multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- Versatile: We don’t always know what challenges we will face each day, we need to be ready to take on anything. We want someone who will embrace a unique challenge and thrives in those situations.
- Excited for Growth: As our leagues expand, so will this role. We want someone who has a vision for this position beyond what it is today. We are always looking to improve our systems and build towards the future.
- Relationship Focused: We work with a lot of venues across the city. It is imperative we always cultivate those relationships and work together to provide the best experience.
- Venue and storage maintenance
- Work with Operations Director to make sure equipment is accessible and stored neatly
- Maintain inventory at each storage location
- Replace or repair any broken or missing equipment (may include but not limited to fixing soccer nets, setting up volleyball nets, basic light tower maintenance)
- Prepare and maintain league equipment bags at venues
- Distribution of equipment and league shirts to each venue
- Prepare and track equipment for events and leagues
- Manage and track fill-in shirt orders for leagues
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS and minimum of 1-year working experience in sports or event management
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift and carry 50-75 pounds
- Team sports background
- Trade/landscaping experience
- Facility management experience
- You are joining the largest and fastest-growing social sport company in the US
- Opportunities to travel and visit other markets to help with events, leagues!
- Free Leagues! The option to play in leagues (when applicable)
- Volo Games! Our annual staff appreciation event
- Lasting impact: The work and systems you help create will be a lasting part of the Volo community
- Immediate start date
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ NYC Operations Associate” in the subject line.
Volo City is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo City does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo City also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.