Volo City is the largest sport and social company in America with over 200,000 players in eight cities nationwide. We offer a variety of leagues for all skill levels including kickball, soccer, flag football, volleyball, softball, bocce ball, skeeball and more! We also provide corporate and private events.
Our mission is to create sustainable free youth leagues through adult social sports. The Volo City Kids Foundation provides free organized sports for the kids of Baltimore, Boston, Denver, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC. Our programs remove barriers to athletic participation such as gender, skill, and financial resources while bringing different communities together. We play so kids can play for free!
Job Type: Seasonal
The ideal candidate works well in a team environment, isn’t afraid to ask for help and is willing to tackle any job that comes their way. Volo City is looking for someone who is:
- Entrepreneurial: ability to recognize and seize opportunities, and requires low supervision/direction
- Driven: self-directed leader who takes initiative and a solutions-oriented approach to problem solving; demonstrates a willingness to learn and improve
- Strategic + Goal Oriented: proven ability to manage and successfully execute multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- Relationship Focused: Comfortable with all types of clients and decision makers; able to put the customer first in order to best solve their problems
This role is for you if you are passionate about organized sports and interested in playing in recreational leagues and events. Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Assist the operations and customer service teams with data entry, game reports, and facility maintenance
- Assist with planning and implementing marketing events
- Sports league preparation and maintenance
- Administrative or clerical support for all departments
- Promoting brand awareness
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Currently enrolled in college or recently graduated
- Ability to work nights and weekends (most hours will be in the office and fall into the general Monday-Thursday work week 11:00 am – 5:00 pm, but additional hours might be required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dynamic personality interested in working in, and contributing to, a fun and active office environment
- Starts May/June 2019
- Salary commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Volo City Summer Internship” in the subject line.
Volo City is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo City does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo City also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.