An opportunity to strengthen communities, build wellness, and provide economic impact across the country.
More than 250,000 users Coast to Coast leverage Volo to organize, meet, communicate and play within their community through fitness and social activities. Whether it’s a performance sport like soccer, or a social activity like cornhole, Volo provides something real. Real interaction, real activity, real fun, and real impact.
Volo is a movement—for people and by people who want to connect more meaningfully with each other. We are a grassroots uprising, helping others actually see who they’re connecting with, and share experiences over the length of a season.
If you have a desire to make a difference through community and sports, Volo could be your next and final career destination. Come fly with us.
Role: Human Resources Director
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Baltimore or DC
More Than a Job
Proof We Are Awesome
When you accept a position with Volo, you’ll be joining a passionate, driven group of innovators within the social sports industry. We are looking for natural leaders with an all hands on deck, not afraid to roll up their sleeves, kind of attitude.
If you’re ready to embark on a career that will impact your life and your community while having lots of fun in the process, keep scrolling …
HR & Payroll Administration
- Oversee and manage all HR systems (Rippling, 15five, etc)
- Facilitate onboarding and offboarding for all employees and contractors
- Employee & Contractor facing payroll processing & communication
- Includes 401K contribution distribution
- Includes company payment to benefit broker
- Part-time and full-time payroll processing
- Point person for all benefit questions
- Monitor company healthcare, short-term disability, and 401K policies.
- Conduct open enrollment for all benefits
- Monitor the Family and Medical Leave Act
Employee & Employer Compliance
- Facilitate required training
- Communicate updated state and federal requirements as required
- Responsible for thoroughly understanding compliance laws, as well as providing adequate communication to managers and employees about such laws
- Keep company policies up to date and compliant with the current state and federal laws
- Assure company policies are understood and followed
- Oversee Company Handbook Update
- Build recruitment channels including leveraging Universities & Partners
- Manage the recruitment and selection process for full-time employees
- Support the recruitment and selection process for part-time workers and interns
- Increase brand awareness for Volo through career fairs and events
- Support cities through recruitment & screening process
- Build internship program
- Experience in human resource management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective problem-solving and mediation skills
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations
“WOW” US WITH…
- MBA Degree in Human Resource Management or related degree
- Experience with a start up or fast growing organization
- Proven track record of developing teams
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Ready to join our team? What are you waiting for?!