Volo City Kids Sports connects communities through free access to youth sports. Our program removes barriers to athletic participation such as skill and financial resources. We emphasize team play through our league play and community building by including volunteers from the surrounding communities and by providing post-game snacks and social events for players, parents, and volunteers.
Role: Fundraising and Marketing Fellowship
Location: Washington D.C.
1) Strategically grow the Volo City Kids fundraising and development portfolio across the nation.
2) Grow the brand awareness and presence of the Volo City Kids Foundation through outreach events and marketing campaigns throughout the city and country.
3) Serve as programmatic support for sports leagues throughout the city.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Working with the leadership team to develop fundraising initiatives, build donor pipelines, and analyze strategic fundraising plans
- Assisting with planning and implementation of fundraising campaigns
- Researching donor prospects and granting organizations, attending strategic meetings, and distributing marketing materials
- Work on identifying and integrating sponsors into our events and for our leagues
- Working with the leadership team to develop and initiate fundraising events
- Work with Events coordinator to organize and analyze logistics and flow of events
- Staff special events
- Develop a strategy for our communication tools – emails, newsletters, social media
- Implement a communication plan for families, donors, volunteers, and special events and campaigns
- Assist city leads with community outreach, including building relationships with professionals, updating the client information and referral database, and presentations within the community
- Participate in direct service opportunities by serving as a coach at our youth sports leagues across the city whenever applicable.
- Technical Skills – Word, Excel, etc
- Good organization skills
- Commitment to Non-Profits and purpose of the organization
- Ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication
- Positive attitude
- Dependable and punctual team player
- Ability to work with the public in a professional manner
Skills Gained Include:
- Learning successful grant-writing techniques and gaining development cooperation.
- Learning about how a non-profit secures funding
- Provide an inside look at the day to day operations of a non-profit as well as the strategic decision making inherent in the responsibilities of a Development Director.
- Making connections with business leaders in the community
- Increasing communication skills- written and oral.
- Opportunity to extend to a full-time position based on met deliverables
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Fundraising and Marketing Fellowship” in the subject line.
Volo City is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo City does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo City also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.