Want to do something that matters? Want to have a say in decision making and solution strategy? We are leveraging technology to bring people together and causing social collisions across the country. Our platform is a data machine and we need help maximizing its power.
Volo is the largest adult social sports network in the United States, entertaining over 240,000 players in 8 cities nationwide. We provide year-round sports, fitness, tournaments and social activities to adults 21+. When adults register through Volo, they Play it Forward…helping to create free youth leagues in their communities via the Volo Kids Foundation. With the help of our adult leagues and local community partners, the Volo Kids Foundation has enabled over 9,000 children across the country to play at zero cost to them or their families.
We have a small team of coders working on our proprietary, differentiating technology platform, and we’re looking to grow. We are tackling technical problems that no one in the industry has begun to address. Be one of the first people in our technology team and help shape the way our platform is updated and improved nationwide. Write code today, and see it actually in use tomorrow.
Your work at Volo is more than just sitting in a codebase, refactoring and improving for the sake of clean code. Here, the code you write impacts our players and staff directly and immediately. We need forward-thinking, devoted, and hard-working people to help us build this powerful platform. The better it functions, the more kids we can serve. Code with purpose. If you’re good at what you do you should be able to choose your own path at this point. Choose wisely. Choose Volo.
Role: Full Stack Developer
Job Type: Full Time
This developer will report to and collaborate with the Lead Engineer to build and develop code that supports the Volo Tech mission.
Developers are held to the highest standards in terms of professionalism and decorum and is always expected to act accordingly.
The ideal candidate works well in a team environment, isn’t afraid to ask for help and is willing to tackle any job that comes their way. Volo Tech is looking for someone who is:
- Entrepreneurial: ability to recognize and seize opportunities, and requires low supervision/direction
- Driven: self-directed individual who takes initiative and a solutions-oriented approach to problem solving; demonstrates a willingness to learn and improve
- Strategic + Goal Oriented: proven ability to manage and successfully execute multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- Execution Focused: Comfortable meeting and exceeding development deadlines and expectations without losing quality of code
We are looking for a highly skilled computer programmer who is comfortable with both front and back end programming. Full Stack Developers are responsible for developing and designing front end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications and working alongside designers for web design features, among other duties.
Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Build and develop code that supports the Rivall/Volo Tech mission
- Take direction and work with Lead Engineer to build the best possible product
- Work closely with customers and teammates to rapidly build, test, and deploy new capabilities
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Develop front end website architecture.
- Design user interactions on web pages.
- Develop back end website applications.
- Create servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- See through a project from conception to finished product.
- Design and develop APIs.
- Meet both technical and consumer needs.
- Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency or desire and ability to learn the following quickly is required:
- Node, Express
- Familiarity with the following is a plus: AWS, React Native
- Ability to work efficiently under multiple deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dynamic personality interested in working in, and contributing to, a fun and active office environment
- BA or BS degree; 1-3 years of professional experience preferred
- Immediate start date
- Health Care and 401k benefits
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.