Volo is the largest adult social sports network in the United States, entertaining over 240,000 players in 8 cities nationwide. We provide year-round sports, fitness, tournaments and social activities to adults 21+. When adults register through Volo, they Play it Forward…helping to create free youth leagues in their communities via the Volo Kids Foundation. With the help of our adult leagues and local community partners, the Volo Kids Foundation has enabled over 9,000 children across the country to play at zero cost to them or their families.
Choose wisely. Choose Volo.
Role: Executive Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Washington D.C.
Travel: 25% – 50%
VOLO is seeking highly motivated, hands on Executive Assistant to support the CEO. This is a dynamic role in an entrepreneurial environment with the opportunity to learn a lot about running a fast-growing technology sports company. There is a significant growth trajectory for top performers.
Main responsibilities include supporting the work and schedule of the CEO while also taking on a variety of other projects. The ability to adapt to changing responsibilities and to work collaboratively with internal and external parties is critical.
The ideal candidate is smart, proactive, has a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude as well as the willingness and ability to respond to requests with urgency and enthusiasm. We are looking for a self-starter who can lead and deliver in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, with excellent organization skills and careful attention to detail.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Maintain calendar coordination, scheduling, and business contacts for the CEO
- Handle correspondence, errands, and travel quickly yet in a thoughtful way
- Prepare for meetings and follow up with post meeting action items as needed
- Organize in-office events and meetings and handle certain office responsibilities
- Take on other projects and responsibilities such as marketing initiatives, planning external events, creating presentations and tackling other roles
- Highly motivated, high energy and hardworking
- Organized, diligent, and enjoy working in unstructured environments
- You build great working relationships with people internally and externally
- You are highly trustworthy, reliable and have great judgement and discretion
- Pay strong attention to detail and accuracy, and anticipate the needs of others
- You are proactive and have exceptional follow-through
- Great attitude and energy
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree, with evidence of academic or other intellectual distinction
- 3+ years working as an EA or PA for a senior level executive
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Exemplary references
- Immediate start date
- Health Care and 401k benefits
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.