An opportunity to strengthen communities, build wellness, and provide economic impact across the country.
More than 250,000 users Coast to Coast leverage Volo to organize, meet, communicate and play within their community through fitness and social activities. Whether it’s a performance sport like soccer, or a social activity like cornhole, Volo provides something real. Real interaction, real activity, real fun, and real impact.
Volo is a movement—for people and by people who want to connect more meaningfully with each other. We are a grassroots uprising, helping others actually see who they’re connecting with, and share experiences over the length of a season.
If you have a desire to make a difference through community and sports, Volo could be your next and final career destination. Come fly with us.
What’s This Internship All About?
We have had over 50 interns since 2015 and have been known for turning our interns into full time hires. As the Equipment & Facilities Maintenance Intern, you will be working directly with our talented and knowledgeable team assisting with day to day league operations, including customer service, and data management.
Training will include an overview of equipment ordering, storage, sales, operations and finance. Upon completion of the internship, it is our hope that the knowledge learned is one that provides great value and expertise towards future career endeavors in the sports industry, including the opportunity to be permanently hired from this position.
Job Type: Seasonal Internship, Starts March 15th & Ends June 30th *We are flexible with school schedules but do want interns for at least 8-10 weeks*
Schedule: Will include weekdays and select weekends
Location: Baltimore, MD
More Than an Internship
- College credit available
- Opportunity to make $$$ by hosting leagues!
- Invaluable experience in sports management by leaders in the social sports industry
- Opportunity for full time position
- Free sports leagues & events
Proof We Are Awesome
- Ranked Among Inc-5000 Fastest Growing Companies
- Best of Baltimore 2018-2019
- Serving more than 4,000 kids in free youth programs
- Over 200,000 Adult Participants Nationwide
- 8 City markets & counting …
INTERNSHIP PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inventory and upkeep of sports equipment and shirts
- Provide facility and field maintenance as needed; suggest venue improvements
- Administrative and clerical support for all departments
- Sales calls to team captains to inform them of upcoming events and registration deadlines
- Assist with game reports, customer service inquiries, scheduling and data entry
- Assist with league audits & evaluations
DESIRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Works well in a team atmosphere, and requires low supervision/direction
- Self-reliant and eager to take on any task – no matter how big or small
- Currently enrolled in college or recently graduated
- Punctual and professional, but embraces a “work hard, play hard” attitude
- Passion for sports and social activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-directed leader who takes initiative and a solutions-oriented approach to problem solving; demonstrates a willingness to learn and improve
- Comfortable with all types of clients and decision makers; able to put the customer first in order to best solve their problems
Strong customer service skills
Volo City is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo City does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo City also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.