Location: DC and/or Baltimore
Compensation: This is a PAID internship. $150/ week stipend with an opportunity to earn more.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Working with the leadership team, assisting with fundraising initiatives and analyzing fundraising plans
- Assisting with planning and implementation of end of the year campaign
- Researching donor prospects and granting organizations, attending strategic meetings, and distributing marketing materials
- Work on identifying and integrating sponsors into our events and for our leagues
- Working with the leadership team to develop and initiate the end of the year fundraising events
- Assisting with planning and implementation of fundraising events
- Work with Events coordinator to organize logistics and flow of events
- Staff special events
- Participate in direct service opportunities by serving as a coach at our youth sports leagues across the city.
- Other duties may include assisting with capital campaigns, and general public relations.
- Communication tools – emails, newsletters, community presentations
- Assisting with community outreach, including building relationships with professionals, updating the client information and referral database, and presentations within the community
Qualifications + Skills Needed:
- Technical Skills – Word, Excel, etc
- Good organization skills
- Commitment to Non-Profits and purpose of organization
- Ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication
- Positive attitude
- Dependable and punctual team player
- Ability to work with the public in a professional manner
Skills Gained Include:
- Learning successful grant-writing techniques and gaining development cooperation.
- Learning about how a non-profit secures funding
- Provide an inside look at the day to day operations of a non-profit as well as the strategic decision making inherent in the responsibilities of a Development Director.
- Making connections with business leaders in the community
- Increasing communication skills- written and oral.
If you are interested applying please contact Floyd Jones, Fundraising and Community Outreach Coordinator, at email@example.com
Our mission is to provide free sports leagues and free meals to kids all across America.
The Volo City Kids Foundation is the 501 (c)3 arm of Volo City, the largest social sports company across the country. The nearly 200,000 members that drive our profitable adult leagues in 8 cities nationwide, also give back by providing free leagues and free meals to kids in their local communities.
|Job Category||Business Development, Events|