Make Play Possible for Every Kid, Everywhere.
The vision of The Volo Kids Foundation (VKF) is to unlock the power of play for every child, everywhere. We accomplish this purpose by creating safe, youth-centered spaces that provide a platform for youth mentorship, familial health and wellness, and communal well- being. Our program removes barriers to athletic participation, such as limited financial resources and transportation, and is open to children of all genders and skill levels.
Our program began in Baltimore City in 2015, after the death of Freddie Gray sparked a season of civil unrest. We created the foundation as a safe alternative for youth and their families. Since 2015, we have expanded to 6 cities nationwide (Baltimore, Washington D.C., NYC, Boston, San Francisco, and Denver) and have registered over 12,000 children in our programs.
Role: Development Director
Job Type: Full Time
Location: DMV Area
More Than a Job
Proof We Are Awesome
We are looking for a hard working and detail oriented Development Director to join our organization and support us in the expansion of our work. We have expanded our programs immensely in just over 5 years, and we are looking for an experienced Development professional to assist us in securing sustainable revenue streams to successfully scale our work.
This person will oversee all Development and Fundraising Operations for the organization and will work directly with the Foundation President to oversee and build the Foundation’s Development Team. The role will involve planning and executing national fundraising campaigns, creating and implementing donor segmentation and cultivation plans, managing our CRM Hubspot and our donor software CauseVox, writing successful grants and building new relationships with aligned funders, and ultimately building out a formidable development operation.
Create & Implement Strategic Fundraising Plans
- Develop and oversee our annual fundraising program
- Assist in developing current and creating new methods to raise funds for our organization
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships for joint funding opportunities
- Ensure financial targets are met in the following areas: Internal & External Events, Fundraising Campaigns,Fee for Service Programs, Grants
Donor Cultivation & Experience
- Oversee donor cultivation, segmentation, and retention plan
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors
- Research potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to position our organization to them
- Assist in planning and coordinating events meant to raise funds and coordinate activities of volunteers and interns related to event planning and execution
- Develop print, digital & video marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with our marketing team
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities
- Must have knowledge of fundraising management systems- We use CauseVox.
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications
- Build pipeline for Board of Directors
- Manage Advisory Board of Directors
- Build and Strengthen our current Grants program
- Write successful grants for aligned foundations
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate professional experience
- Exemplary communication abilities and outgoing, yet poised personality
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- 5 years of fundraising experience
- **CRM + Fundraising Software* – we use Hubspot and Copper.
“WOW” US WITH…
- 7-10 years of fundraising experience
- Experience with a start up or fast growing organization
- Proven track record of developing teams
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Ready to join our team? What are you waiting for?!
|Job Category||Business Development, Director, Fundraising|