An opportunity to strengthen communities, build wellness, and provide economic impact across the country.
More than 250,000 users Coast to Coast leverage Volo to organize, meet, communicate and play within their community through fitness and social activities. Whether it’s a performance sport like soccer, or a social activity like cornhole, Volo provides something real. Real interaction, real activity, real fun, and real impact.
Volo is a movement—for people and by people who want to connect more meaningfully with each other. We are a grassroots uprising, helping others actually see who they’re connecting with, and share experiences over the length of a season.
If you have a desire to make a difference through community and sports, Volo could be your next and final career destination. Come fly with us.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Baltimore or DC
More Than a Job
Proof We Are Awesome
When you accept a position with Volo, you’ll be joining a passionate, driven group of innovators within the social sports industry. We are looking for natural leaders with an all hands on deck, not afraid to roll up their sleeves, kind of attitude. In this role, you’ll strategically drive and measure the organization’s financial performance.
If you’re ready to embark on a career that will impact your life and your community while having lots of fun in the process, keep scrolling …
- Oversee the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and potential risks
- Perform regular financial analysis
- Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas
- Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the company
- Prepare detailed reports on the company’s financial performance – including revenue, AP & AR, and other monthly reports
- Analyze and ensure accuracy of financial information
- Monitor internal controls
- Oversee and preparing income statements
- Develop plans for financial growth
- Evaluating and managing risk
- Coordinating audit processes
- Develop budgets that meet the requirements of company departments
- Manage expenditures and cash flow
- Manage financial & accounting platforms
- Manage and improve information dashboards
- Streamline accounting functions and operations
- Process & Monitor AP / AR
- Manage Stripe payment processing system
- Payroll processing & reporting for part time, full time and contractors
- Guarantee compliance with financial laws and guidelines
- Oversee compliance with company insurance policies (Liability, Auto, etc)
- Maintain compliance with City / State / Federal legal & business registrations
- Manage Workers Compensation & Unemployment compliance & policies
- College Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in finance management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective problem-solving and mediation skills
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations
“WOW” US WITH…
- MBA Degree in Accounting or Finance
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Ready to join our team? What are you waiting for?!