SF Social is a subsidiary of Volo City, the largest sport and social company in America with over 200,000 players nationwide. Our mission is to create sustainable free youth leagues through adult social sports.
SF Social seeks a driven and creative self-starter with excellent communication, organization, and people skills. Reporting directly to the Regional Director this person will manage current league operations and take an active part in expanding this market.
Role: City Director
Job Type: Full Time
Location: San Francisco
The ideal candidate works well in a team environment, isn’t afraid to ask for help and is willing to tackle any job that comes their way. Volo City is looking for someone who is:
- Entrepreneurial: ability to recognize and seize opportunities, and requires low supervision/direction
- Driven: self-directed leader who takes initiative and a solutions-oriented approach to problem solving; demonstrates a willingness to learn and improve
- Strategic + Goal Oriented: proven ability to manage and successfully execute multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- Relationship Focused: Comfortable with all types of clients and decision makers; able to put the customer first in order to best solve their problems
This role is for you if you are passionate about organized sports and interested in playing in recreational leagues and events. Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- League Operations: Designing and managing leagues and events to meet local demand; creating teams and schedules; managing and updating league standings
- Sales: Developing relationships within the community and prospecting to find new players and partners; generate and follow up with leads
- Marketing: Contribute to the development of local marketing content; execute marketing strategy with the support from the marketing team
- Facility Relationship Management: Develop relationships with current and future league venues; track the needs of each site including improvements; obtain permits for current and new locations
- Talent Development: Recruit, hire, and train excellent part-time talent to run our leagues and events; ensure a fulfilling experience for all players
- Customer Service: resolve any emerging problems that our customers might face with accuracy and efficiency; anticipate and provide pro-active solutions to prevent problems from arising in the future
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS degree; minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience, ideally in a sport or event management and/or business development capacity
- Ability to work nights and weekends (most hours will be in the office and fall into the general M-F work week 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, but additional hours are required)
- Can marshal resources effectively and comfortably navigate a fast-paced, ever changing environment with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented project manager – you have experience managing multiple projects across function areas and feel comfortable wearing many hats
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dynamic personality interested in working in, and contributing to, a fun and active office environment
- Starts Immediately
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health Care and 401k benefits
- Bonuses based off market performance
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “CITY DIRECTOR – SAN FRANCISCO” in the subject line.
Volo City is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo City does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo City also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.