Learn to sail in Charm City! Baltimore Sailing leagues are the perfect place to hit the water and become a boating master. Our leagues are the perfect place for boaters of all levels who are looking to try something new, meet some new people and have some friendly competition.
Join the Baltimore sailing league and board your sailboat each week with your friends to race around the harbor while learning to sail from certified sailing instructors. You need NO previous sailing experience to participate.
How to Sign Up
- Minimum players for a full sailing team is 6. If you do not meet this minimum your team will be merged with free agents.
- A Captain must create a team and all the team members must “join” the team. The Captain can pay for everyone or you can split up the fee among team members.
- Yes! You can sign up together even if you do not have a full team!
- Have Captain “create team” & Note Estimated Players
- Teammates Join “team” (Before signup deadline)
- Once Registration is closed we will merge you with other small groups and free-agents
- Signing up as a solo player is the best way to meet people in Baltimore!
- We will place you with a small group and/or other free agents to form a full team after the registration closes.
- If you have a friend that decides to sign up just have them note to be put on the same team as you!
- Email email@example.com with sport & location preference, team size & the company you work for/are signing up
- Save Money! Pay for entire team with a corporate rate.
What can I expect at a Volo Cornhole League?
A premier, FUN experience! Plan to arrive at the dock 10-15 minutes before your sailing session to meet up with your teammates. Make sure you pencil us in for 2 games of 16 rounds each. Once your sail ends, the night is just beginning. Head to your sponsor bar for drink specials and a chance to meet everyone in your league.
How competitive are the Sailing Leagues?
We’re all about being social here! While we offer some competitive sport leagues, cornhole is all about being social. All skill and experience levels are welcome! Shoot us an email if you have questions!
How many people do I need for a full sailing team?
All sailing teams are required to have a minimum of 6 players. If you and your crew don’t have a full roster, we’ll merge you with another small group. If you’d like to make sure you have a larger or smaller team, you can register as a prepaid team which allows you determine the amount of players on your team.
How much does it cost to join Volo Sailing?
You can expect your cornhole league to be anywhere from $199-$219 per player for the entire season. Registration fees are dependent on location and day of the week, so be sure to check the league details carefully. After you sign up, everything else is taken care of for you. Your registration includes league shirt, venue costs, insurance, equipment, instructors, prizes, league management and so much more!
Don’t forget, when you sign up with Volo, your league registration helps provide free youth sports programs in Baltimore through the Volo City Kids Foundation. #playwithpurpose
What are the Volo Cornhole Gender Requirements?
There are no gender requirements for Volo sailing!
Our Baltimore sailing leagues sell out super fast so make sure you sign up soon!
- 8 People per team.
- Certified instructors for every week.
- 7 week sailing series with a points champion at the end of the season.
- No experience necessary!
Players registered with Volo City Baltimore enjoy player perks such as:
- Team T-Shirts
- End of Season Free Beer Party
- Special Sponsor Opportunities (see what can happen in our leagues!)
- Invitation to all Volo City Events
Post Game Social
We are known as the most social league in Baltimore and that’s because we care about the bar experience!
What to expect at the bar
- Food & Drink Specials
- Dedicated space & reserved tables for your league
- League staff at the bar
- When possible, multiple sports will go to the same bar so you can meet lots of new people!