On this page, you will find the following Policies
- Forfeit Policy
- Substitution Policy
- Weather Policy
- T-Shirt Policy
- Refund Policy
If you have any questions regarding any of the above policies, please feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our forfeit policy is designed with the players in mind and to keep teams accountable. The intention is to help us cut down on last minute forfeits and make the leagues fun for everyone.
Teams must provide the league 24 hours notice prior to its scheduled game that week. This helps us to make changes to the schedule, give proper notice and make sure the staff at the league is prepared for your team to be absent.
If your team forfeits two or more times during any given season then your team will be omitted from the playoffs and not allowed to participate.
To avoid the forfeit penalty you can do the following
- Your team can bring subs to avoid a forfeit during the regular season (not for playoffs)
- Play with less people then normal, just make sure you meet your specific sport gender requirements.
We understand that, despite your best efforts, registered members may not be able to attend every game. We allow teams to bring substitute players for any of our leagues. If your team is low on players one week, you may invite players from another team within your league to join you for the week; nobody likes a forfeit. There are no substitutions during playoffs. Any team that plays with substitutes during playoffs may receive a forfeit for the game. Hosts may spot check rosters at any time.
Weather Policy & Make Up Games
We make all final decisions about weather by 5 p.m. of game day.
Please check our weather line throughout the day (410- 501- 5050) and/or our social media pages as we will update people through there and by email.
At certain times, the City of Baltimore will shut down the fields for varying reasons despite weather conditions we would normally play in. These decisions are out of our control and we must abide by the City’s decision.
Also be aware, if we do rain out a game we will make up that week later in the season. If we have more than 2 rain outs during the season, we will do our best to make those games up, but cannot guarantee more than 2 made up rain outs.
As stated when you are signing up for leagues. T-Shirt color is NOT guaranteed. T-Shirt colors are based on what our supplier has available in stock. The color choice is also based on the colors available in your league. Baltimore Social will make its best effort to accommodate shirt selections, but please be aware that we cannot guarantee your color you selected.
Volo City DOES NOT have additional t-shirts on hand
Missing/Replacement T-Shirt Policy
Baltimore Social offers all players the chance to receive a replacement shirt when they had not received their league t-shirt. All replacement t-shirts will have the large Volo City logo on the front.
- Volo City will provide a full refund any time up until two weeks prior to the final season registration date.
- Example: If registration ends on June 28th, the last day to receive a full refund is June 14th
- If a request for refund is received within 2 weeks of the season registration ending, a player may receive a credit towards future Volo City activities.
- Example: If registration ends on June 28th, any requests received between June 15th and June 28th will receive a Volo City site credit
- After the end of registration, Volo City will not be able to offer any refunds or credits.
- Example: If registration ends on June 28th, any requests received on June 29th or later will not be eligible for a refund or a credit.